URL Format Clean Up
Clean up URL with invalid format and/or excessive information.
- This task corrects URL format and invalid suffix, as well as pruning off parts of the URL beyond the domain.
- This task does not validate the URL is a working URL.
- This task does not validate the URL against any known email database.
- Any URL that cannot be reformatted will be copied in its original form.
- If an URL has no suffix at all, the task will add “.com” to the end of the email.
- This task requires the use of a Reference Data Source that contains the list of valid suffixes on the Internet. We highly recommend you use the Openprise reference Reference – Domain Suffixes.
- There is an option to convert Unicode URL to Punycode. Learn more about Punycode here.
Examples of URL cleanup:
- “https://www.openprisecloud.com/daass/#/support/” becomes “openprisecloud.com“
- “點看.com” becomes “xn--c1yn36f.com” if the Punycode conversion option is turned on
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.